Skip to main content

China Glaze Love's a Beach - Fail


In my last post I mentioned that after a major fail with Salon Perfect brand nail polish I decided to go ahead a purchase China Glazes Summer Neon collection. China Glaze has, in the past, been a go to polish for me. Their polishes are normally well formulated and super easy to work with.

So far I am NOT HAPPY with the Summer Neon Collection. I choose Love's a Beach to try first since I have been searching for the perfect neon pink.

As I am writing this I can tell you I have not finished painting my nails but wanted to get a few thoughts down as I'm waiting in between coats. I am currently on my THIRD coat of Love's a Beach and fear I'm going to need a fourth coat. I am finding this polish is more finicky and difficult to work with than Salon Perfect's Loopy Lime.

The first coat went on very streaky and I immediately noticed that the brush was picking up clumps of dried polish. In between coats I am having to shake the polish to clear the brush. The second and third coats seem to be just a streaky. I am having to be very careful to quickly polish and am not able to perfect my strokes as the polish begins to drag.

I know that this is all due to the fact that neon polishes are matte finishes which tend to try quickly however I have a few matte polishes that the formula is PERFECT (Sinful Colors and Julep) 

The upside to this polish is that it is BRIGHT! Which is exactly the effect I am going for.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Orly Cuticle Oil

I purchased Orly's Cuticle Oil on Amazon thinking that I was getting the full sized bottle. I received the package last night and was a bit disappointed to find that what I purchased was a 1 oz. bottle of Orly Smart Gels Cuticle Oil. Luckily I only spent $5 for it and I actually really like this oil! This oil is very think, almost like a gel but absorbs wonderfully. My favorite part is that it has a fruity scent (Watermelon?) which is much more pleasant than the lavender scented Julep Cuticle oil I have been using. The downside...this is yet another oil that doesn't provide enough moisture to keep my cuticles soft and looking healthy. Living in Colorado has really done a number on my skin and I am finding that I need products that not only moisturize but hold the moisture in.

Salon Perfect Loopy Lime and Kaboom FAIL

Before I start I have to say that in general I can fit most nail polishes into two categories: Good Polish or Great Polish. I have only one ran into a polish I couldn't stand (Floss Gloss) but I have now added Salon Perfect to that list. I have been craving neon nails for the last few days. In particular I really wanted to try China Glaze's Neon Summer Collection but I just couldn't justify spending $35 all at once for the polish. So instead I went out and purchased Salon Perfects Loopy Lime and Kaboom (I've been wanting to purchase Ninja Polish Floam for some time but can never find it) I purchased Salon Perfect Loopy Lime thinking I was getting a neon green creme polish. It wasn't till I got home from the store that I discovered this polish had white shimmer that had settled to the bottom. When I mean settled, I mean SETTLED! It took me a good ten minutes of hard shaking to get the polish MOSTLY mixed back together and as soon as you put the polish down i

Julep Diamond Theory

Finish: Glitter Color: full-coverage multidimensional copper glitter. Dupe: ? This polish came in my February Maven Box. I'm not a huge fan of the color, to me this polish looks bronze rather than copper. That being said I love that there are different sizes of glitter in this polish which provides almost complete coverage in just one coat. This probably won't be a go to color for me but may end up as a gift or for special occasions only.